More steam ahead for heart print’s camps. The foundation of our camp curriculum is steam education. Steam is an acronym that refers to education-related programs in the disciplines of science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics. Steam education indicates integration of at least two of the steam disciplines within a curricular activity.
Get Ready for Summer Fun!! S.T.E.A.M focused summer camps are sure to entertain and educate your children!
2020 Camp Themes
July 20-24: Chemistry Camp (formerly Farm-to-Table Camp)
All budding scientists will enjoy this week as we create one crazy concoction after another. Each day we will conduct experiments that focus on everyday chemistry. The messier the better in this camp.
July 27-31: Butterfly Camp
We are going on a bug hunt! This camp will be spent exploring and learning about different bugs in our environment. Children will hopefully be able to experience the metamorphosis of monarch butterflies from our very own certified wildlife garden. As a class, we will create a bug hotel for our garden to see what other bugs we can find and observe with magnifying glasses. We will play some buggy games, create butterfly art, and plant our very own caterpillar chia pet!
Heart Prints’ Summer Camp Overview
- Registration in our preschool camps is open to children 3 - 5 years old, including children who have just completed kindergarten.
- Registration in our early elementary camps is open to children 5 ½ - 8 years old, including children who have just completed third grade.
Time: 9:00AM -1:00PM
Food: Drinks and snacks will be provided by Heart Prints. Please indicate any food allergies when you register your child online. Children bring a packed lunch from home. Heart Prints is a peanut and tree nut-free school.
Sunscreen: Apply sunscreen to your child each morning before attending camp. If you would like for us to reapply sunscreen for the afternoon, please leave sunscreen at Heart Prints with your child’s name on it.
Emergency Contact: Turn in an Emergency Contact form by the first day of camp. ALL sections must be complete. Students who attended Heart Prints for the 2019-2020 School Year do not need to turn in a new form.
Cost: Camp is $200.00 per week/per child. $130 3-Day Camp Rate June 29-July 1. Summer Camp payments will be automatically withdrawn from the payment method you entered on the 1st of the month following your registration. Summer Camp tuition is non-refundable. If your child cannot attend a camp in which they have been registered, we will try to switch your camp week only if space is available. At least 2 weeks’ notice must be given to transfer camp due.
Week of Camp Reminders:
- Turn in an Emergency Contact form. Children who attended HeartPrints the previous school year do not need to turn another form in.
- Send a peanut & treenut free lunch marked with your child’s name
- Send a water bottle marked with your child’s name
- Apply sunscreen to your child before camp. You can leave sunscreen marked with your child’s name if you would like us to reapply it in the afternoon.
- Wear clothes than can get messy & send a change of clothes
Water shoes or shoes that dry quickly are preferred!!!